Tulsi "Honey" Chamomile Tea Infused Vegan Cupcake Recipe
In celebration of Cupcake Day, we collaborated with an amazing Vegan recipe developer to create a Tea infused cupcake recipe for you to try. Tea infused cupcakes are tender, moist and unquestionably tasty. If you or your friends are tea lovers, you should definitely use this recipe as it is the perfect treat.
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes.
Ingredients for Cupcakes:
- 1 cup oat milk
- 3 @organicindiauk Tulsi honey chamomile tea bags
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 vegans eggs (egg replacer or flax eggs will work fine)
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for Caramel Sauce:
- 1 tin (320g) vegan condensed milk
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
Ingredients for Buttercream:
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp oat milk (or vegan cream)
- White food colouring
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add the oat milk and tea bags to a saucepan and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Remove the tea bags and set the milk aside.
- Add the self-raising flour to a large mixing bowl with the caster sugar and baking powder. Mix to combine. Add the vegan eggs and mix again.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter into the bowl with the dry ingredients along with the tea-infused milk and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Divide the mixture between 12 cupcake cases and bake for 25 minutes.
- Prepare the caramel sauce by adding the condensed milk, caster sugar, maple syrup and vegan butter to a saucepan. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes, stirring continuously so it doesn’t burn. Allow the sauce to thicken. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, use a sharp knife to remove the centre of each cupcake. Fill each cupcake centre with the caramel sauce.
- Make the buttercream by adding the softened vegan butter to a mixing bowl. Add the icing sugar and combine the two until smooth. The mixture will be very thick, so add the oat milk and mix again. Add a bit of white food colouring (optional) and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Pipe the icing onto each cupcake and add any remaining caramel onto each cupcake.
We really hope you liked this Tulsi Honey Chamomile Tea infused cupcake recipe as much we do.
If you try this recipe, we would love to see your creations so tag @organicindiauk, in your posts on Instagram or TikTok. We cant wait to see your cupcakes!
Shop our Teas here to create your own tea infused cupcakes. All Teas are £3.99 each. You can purchase 5 Tea Bags Boxes to receive 15% off or purchase 6 Loose leaf jars for 15% off.
This recipe was created by Shannon from www.shannonmichelle.co.uk & @veganshannon on Instagram